“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” – J.K. Rowling
Beverly graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2016. She was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2017.
- Advocate and Solicitor (Singapore) 2017
- LL.B (Hons), National University of Singapore, 2016
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law
Beverly undertook her training at GJC Law with a focus on family law. During her training at the firm, she was involved in the preparation of various child-related proceedings such as interim custody, care and control and relocation applications. She had also drafted legal submissions in relation to the division of matrimonial assets and spousal and child maintenance. Beverly was exposed to and assisted in both non-contentious matters and contentious matrimonial proceedings at the lower and the appellate courts.
Family Law Experience
Beverly endeavors to help parties move on with their lives. She firmly believes that by conducting matrimonial proceedings amicably, parties will be able to gradually find closure in the matter.
She has advised both local and expatriate clients on the following:
- Deed of Separation, Marital Agreements
- Pre-Writ Without Prejudice Negotiations
- Simplified Divorce Proceedings
- Contentious Divorce Proceedings
- Interim Custody, Care and Control & Relocation Matters
- Maintenance of Wife and Child Issues
- Division of Matrimonial Assets
- Variation of Court Orders
- Personal Protection Orders
During Beverly’s training at GJC Law, she was exposed to criminal law and was involved in the drafting letters of representations and mitigation pleas.
Outside law, Beverly actively volunteers at the weekly Meet-the-People Sessions at the Clementi division where she writes petition letters in relation to the issues raised by concerned residents.