Uncontested Divorce Flowchart
with your spouse on the following issues
our Experienced Family Lawyer
the uncontested and simplified divorce papers
- Writ of Divorce
- Statement of Claim
- Statement of Particulars
- Draft Interim Judgement
- CPF Checklist (if applicable)
*The Defendant is at liberty to seek independent legal advice on the draft papers
the agreed divorce papers before a Commissioner for Oaths at our law firm
the uncontested and simplified divorce papers in court on your behalf
The court will fix the matter for hearing & Parties are not required to attend court
The court will grant the IJ on the day of the UD
The IJ will be made final 3 months after. Certificate of Final Judgment issued. Divorce proceedings concluded.
Reason for breakdown of the marriage
- Unreasonable Behaviour
- Separation for 3 years with consent
- Separation for 4 years without consent
Care and living arrangements for the child
Custody: Joint custody or Sole custody
Care and Control: Mother or Father or Shared
Access: Supervised or Reasonable or Liberal Frequency and duration of access
Division of Matrimonial Assets
Purchased / acquired during marriage e.g monies in bank a/cs, shares, insurance policies, family car, HDB / private property
If HDB / Private property:
- Is there an outstanding mortgage loan?
- Were CPF monies utilized to purchase the flat?
- Do parties intend to sell / take over / surrender the flat?
- How are the net sale profits / losses going to be divided?
How much maintenance for spouse and/or child?
- Personal expenses per month
- Parties’ monthly incomes
Types of maintenance orders
- No order / Nominal $1 maintenance for spouse
- Lump sum / periodic maintenance payments of $____ for spouse and/or child
Who bears the legal fees?
- Shared equally
- Borne by one party
- Each party bears their own legal fees (if they seek independent legal advice)