Grant of Administration Flow-Chart
Things to note before filing your application
Place of domicile
- If the Deceased was domiciled in Singapore, you may proceed to file your application in Singapore.
- If the Deceased was domiciled in another country, an additional Affidavit of Foreign Law must be filed.
Value of Deceased’s assets
- If the Deceased’s assets are less than SGD$3 million, an application must be made at the Family Justice Courts.
- If the assets are more than SGD$3 million, an application must be made at the Family Justice Division of the High Court.
Deceased has a Will
Deceased does not have a Will
Estate to be distributed according to the Will
Estate to be distributed according to the Intestate Succession Act
Application for Grant of Probate
Application for Grant of Letters of Administration
Documents required for Grant of Probate
- The original Will
- The original Death Certificate
Persons entitled to be appointed as Administrator(s) in order of priority:
- Lawful children
- Brothers or sisters
- Lawful children of brothers and sisters
- Uncles or aunts
Grant of Probate obtained for the Executor/Trustee to distribute the Deceased’s Estate according to the Will
Grant of Letters of Administration for the Administrator to distribute and administer the Deceased’s Estate according to the Intestate Succession Act